Created by school leaders to help schools effectively identify issues related to pupil attendance.
This is a comprehensive audit tool based on the recent blog by Ofsted's Lee Owston, 'Improving school attendance' and helps to evaluate your school's current practices across five key areas:
- Attendance Data: Monitoring and analysis of attendance records.
- Identifying Barriers to Attendance: Understanding what factors contribute to absenteeism.
- Implementing strategies to improve attendance.
- Communication: Enhancing interaction with pupils, parents, and staff regarding attendance issues.
- Safeguarding: Ensuring student safety and well-being are accounted for in attendance practices.
This audit tool will help you to:
- Identify and address attendance issues, allowing you to pinpoint specific attendance problems and tailor strategies accordingly.
- Analyse attendance data, to identify patterns in absences amongst pupils and groups of pupils.
- Implement targeted strategies
Potential benefits of using the tool:
- Gain an enhanced understanding of attendance patterns and causes.
- Have an effective and impactful strategy plan for improving pupil welfare and attendance.
- Focus on improving pupil attendance by having a clear plan in place.
- Focus on a strengthened school-community relationship by having a plan in place.
You can find out more about improving attendance by reading our blog here.