Interview Questions for a Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Why have you applied for the role?
- Why is safeguarding everyone's responsibility?
- How do you ensure that all staff members are aware of their safeguarding responsibilities?
- Can you describe your approach to identifying and responding to safeguarding concerns?
- How do you work with parents and external agencies to safeguard children?
- How do you promote a culture of safeguarding within the school community?
- Can you give an example of a safeguarding issue you have dealt with (without disclosing confidential information) and how you approached it?
- How do you ensure that children are aware of the school's safeguarding procedures?
- How do you evaluate the effectiveness of your school's safeguarding policies and procedures?
- Can you describe your training and development needs in relation to safeguarding?
- How do you keep up to date with changes in safeguarding legislation and guidance?
Remember to also tailor your questions to the specific needs and context of the school, and to give the DSL plenty of opportunity to ask you questions too.